Monday, June 10, 2013

Zibaldone 5


     When I was walking through the Prudential this past weekend I found that the sound in the atmosphere was more noticeable. You could argue that there are more people, per square foot, at the Prudential than most other buildings you would walk through. It hit me that the atmosphere of the space was different when I looked up, rather than around me to hear where the majority of the voices were coming from. In the shopping area at the base of the Prudential the corridors are double height, which allows voices to project into an empty space.


     The sound that the building produces is a collection of voices given to it by its occupants and then muffled back into the space. This building traps voices above to ease the congestion of sound created by the numerous people that travel through the space.


No comments:

Post a Comment