Sunday, May 12, 2013

Brendan-Casimir Galinauskas - Zibaldone 1


To me a building frames my perception of the world in a figurative sense. For example when I saw Kiel Moe’s “Stack-House” my perception on designing and taking advantage of the world’s resources has changed. I never looked at heating and cooling as “keeping the place cool/warm” I always looked at it as “how can I heat/cool it?” I think buildings have a unique ability to invoke wonder in the viewer, which allows them to ask the questions of how they can better their design and better the world. It seems some buildings are made by architects who aimlessly grab resources without thinking of the impact it has on the environment. Along with this some designers look for the easy way out by throwing in an air conditioner instead of looking for design solutions such as cross ventilation or stack ventilation, which are just as affective. Kiel Moe’s lecture last semester along with Environmental Systems really opened my eyes and allowed buildings to frame my perception on this world in a completely new manner.      


No comments:

Post a Comment