Sunday, May 19, 2013

Brendan-Casimir Galinauskas - Zibaldone 2


We believe what people tell us. There really is no definite way to tell where you are at any given time. There is no real way to know that you are here instead of there. We grew up, going to geography class looking at a map with a teacher saying “here is Massachusetts on a map, this is where we reside.” And we believe what he/she tells us. Who is to say he/she is correct? Who is to say “Massachusetts” is not Estonia? We, as people, can tell when we are somewhere foreign however. If I go to another country and roam the streets, culture is so much different that that of what I am used to. I will feel out of place, disoriented, lost, and even scared.  Knowing this, I cant tell I am not somewhere I am familiar with, but still I have no real way to prove I am “here and not there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment